The Offline Tree contains Exchange Mailbox or Public Folder Databases and PST source files that have been archived, copied or stored as a backup. The data files must be added and mounted within DigiScope before you can take action against them.
NOTE: While DigiScope is safe to use, its highly recommended that before adding/mounting an offline source to DigiScope ensure you are using a WORKING copy and have a MASTER copy of the source file in case issues arise with power, disk corruption, computer crash etc.
NOTE: If the Exchange database is still mounted within a Production/Live Exchange Server you should either make a copy of the database to mount it within the Offline Tree or Add it to the Production Tree to access the live/production environment while still mounted within the Exchange Server.
- Start the process by clicking File > Offline > Add Offline Source
- The "Add Offline Source" dialog appears
- Select and follow the instructions within the appropriate links below
- If the Mailbox/Public Folder Exchange Database (EDB and associated files) are available on disk, select and follow the instructions for Adding Exchange Database File(s)
- If the Mailbox/Public Folder Exchange Database (EDB and associated files) are within a Windows Backup, VMware Image or Windows VHD file, select and follow the instructions for Adding via 3rd Party Storage
- To add a PST file select and follow the instructions for Adding PST File(s)
SUPPORT: If you experience issues, have questions or need assistance after following these instructions please Open a New Support Ticket or if you already have a ticket open reply with details and we will be happy to assist.