The DigiScope "Restore Wizard" allows the operator to Restore/Migrate offline data from the Container (Servers/Groups), Database, Mailbox or Folder level to the same or alternate server, mailbox/location, even cross version i.e. 5.5 → 2000 → 2003 → 2007 → 2010 → 2013 → 2016
NOTE 1: The DigiScope "Restore Wizard" process utilizes a Possible Name Matching algorithm to match source to target and then allows the operator to accept/reject the suggested matches. The operator also has the ability to skip or designate an alternate account for data restoration
NOTE 3: If desired create the appropriate filters to include/exclude specific Mailboxes, Folders, or Items before starting the restore/migration process.
Migrating/Restoring a specific mailbox, folder or item
2. Right click on the mailbox, folder or item you want to Restore/Migrate and select Restore Wizard.
NOTE 1: Within the example below we started the recovery from the "Andy Jacobs" Mailbox which will cause the entire mailbox including all folders and items to be restored to the designated target.
NOTE 2: If you dont want to restore an entire mailbox implement filters OR If desired you can right-click on specific folders or items and select Restore Wizard".
Restoring an Entire Database
2. Right click on the database you want to Restore/Migrate and select Restore Wizard.
NOTE 1: As you can see in the example below we are ONLY Restoring the "Lucid8 Exchange 2103 Demo Database".
NOTE 2: If you dont want to restore the entire contents of mailboxes within the database implement filters.
Restoring ALL Databases within a Container
2. Right click on the Container level you want to Restore/Migrate and select Restore Wizard.
NOTE 1: Within the example below we are executing an Restore against ALL databases within the "Lucid8 Exchange 2103 Group" container.
NOTE 2: If you dont want to restore the entire contents of mailboxes within the databases implement filters.
NOTE: As you can see in the example above there are actually 6 different containers i.e.
- Offline (Top of Tree Container that holds all offline objects | the Restore Wizard is NOT available at this level)
- Lucid8 Demo (Server/Machine Container that holds all Group Containers)
- And 4 different Group Containers with different versions of Exchange Databases
NOTE: If you were to right click and start your restore from the Lucid8 Demo (Server/Machine Container) it would restore all databases within the four groups under that container.
SUPPORT: If you experience issues, have questions or need assistance after following these instructions please Open a New Support Ticket or if you already have a ticket open reply with details and we will be happy to assist.