The Production Tree contains live sources, i.e. Exchange Mailbox & Public Folder databases that are mounted within an Exchange server and Personal Folder (PST) files. Once a Production source is added the DigiScope operator can Restore/Migrate, Search, Export, and Delete/Purge data as needed from each source.
WARNING: Running Outlook and DigiScope simultaneously may cause connectivity issues.
NOTE: Before adding an EDB server as a source to the Production Tree please review Setting Up the DigiScope Administrator (DSAdmin)
- Start the process by clicking File > Production > Add Production Source
- The "Add Production Source" dialog appears.
- Click the links below for step-by-step instruction on adding Production Sources.
- To add all or specific stores/databases located on an Exchange Server follow the instructions for Adding Exchange Store(s)
- If you are unsure which database holds a specific mailbox, follow the instructions to Find Exchange Stores by Mailbox Name
- To add an existing PST file follow the instructions for Adding PST File(s) to the Production Tree
- If you want to create a new/empty PST so that you can Drag-N-Drop information from an Offline Source into the PST follow the instructions to Create NEW PST File in Production Tree
NOTE: After adding an Exchange Server Database as a source to the Production Tree please review Connecting to a Production Exchange Database
SUPPORT: If you experience issues, have questions or need assistance after following these instructions please Open a New Support Ticket or if you already have a ticket open reply with details and we will be happy to assist.