The DigiScope "SingleTouch Restore" process automatically recovers
the selected data from an Offline Exchange database to the original location within
a Production server.
NOTE 1: The "SingleTouch Restore"process uses GUID matching between the Offline source and the Production target. If there is not an exact GUID match, DigiScope utilizes the Possible Name Matching algorithm which is part of DigiScope Restore Wizard to match source to target and then allows the operator to accept/reject the suggested matches. The operator also has the ability to skip a mailbox or designate an alternate mailbox/location for data restoration.
NOTE 3: If desired create the appropriate filters to include/exclude specific Mailboxes, Folders, or Items before starting the restore/migration process.
SingleTouch Restore specific mailbox, folder or item
2. Right click on the mailbox, folder or item you want to restore and select SingleTouch Restore.
NOTE 1: Within the example below we started the recovery of the "Andy Jacobs" Mailbox which will cause the entire mailbox including all folders and items to be restored to the Andy Jacobs mailbox on the Production Exchange Server.
NOTE 2: If you dont want to restore an entire mailbox you can implement filters OR simply right click on the specific folders or items you want to restore and select SingleTouch Restore.
Restoring an Entire Database
2. Right click on the database you want to restore and select SingleTouch Restore.
NOTE 1: As you can see in the example below we are ONLY Restoring the "Lucid8 Exchange 2103 Demo Database" which will cause the ALL mailboxes, folders and items within the the database to be restored to their original location within the Production Exchange Server.
NOTE 2: If you dont want to restore the entire contents of mailboxes within the database you can implement filters.
Restoring ALL Databases within a Container
2. Right click on the Container level you want to restore and select SingleTouch Restore.
NOTE 1: Within the example below we are executing a SingleTouch Restore against ALL databases within the "Lucid8 Exchange 2103 Group" container.
NOTE 2: If you dont want to restore the entire contents of mailboxes within the databases you can implement filters.
NOTE: As you can see in the example above there are actually 6 different containers i.e.
- Offline (Top of Tree Container that holds all offline objects | SingleTouch Restore is NOT available at this level)
- Lucid8 Demo (Server/Machine Container that holds all Group Containers | SingleTouch Restore is NOT available at this level)
- And 4 different Group Containers with different versions of Exchange Databases
SUPPORT: If you experience issues, have questions or need assistance after following these instructions please Open a New Support Ticket or if you already have a ticket open reply with details and we will be happy to assist.